John Naisbitt once said "We are drowning in Information but starved for Knowledge" which is true. Everyday we are generating so much data, but our ability to translate that data into something useful is severly compromised by our current lack of technology and sufficient workforce skilled to make sense of that information. My objective is to contribute to solving this problem by creating smart tools that can translate this information to knowledge and at the same time become competent enough to interpret this information. My feild of choice is Biology because I was intreguied by how just 'ATGC' these four bases create the most complex systems in form of organisms.
|Ongoing - PhD in Biodiversity and Bioinformatics
||University of Duisburg-Essen, Essen, Germany|
|Python Certification Training||TryCatch Institute, Mumbai|
|Masters in Bioinformatics||Bioinformatics Centre, Pune University|
|Bachelors in Biotechnology||Jai Hind College, Mumbai University|
|Diploma in Basic Web designing||Computer station Inc., Mumbai|
|Higher Secondary Schooling(Science)||Shri Tikamdas Bhatia College Of Science, Maharashtra Boards|
|Secondary Schooling||Rustomjee International School, Maharashtra Board|
Total of 3 years and 3 Months of experience (1 year in Industry, 2 years 3 months in Research)
|Persistent Systems Ltd.||Trainee||3 Months (2015)|
|Persistent Systems Ltd.||Domain Analyst||9 Months (2015-2016)|
|Worked in support team for applications like CaTissue (Bio-Banking), InfoEd (Electronic Research Administration), Oncore (Oncology Clinical Research Management), InForm (Electronic Patient Data Collection) and in testing and QA for application OncDRS (Clinical Data Retrieval System). Carried out duties including application administration and management and database management|
|National Collection of industrial Micro-organisms
|Project Assistant II||2+ years (2016-2018)|
|Worked under the guidance of Dr. Mahesh Dharne from August 2016 to December 2018.
Carried out Data Analysis on multiple NGS sequences like 16s/18s/ITR amplicons, shotgun metagenomes, and whole genomes (bacteria/viruses) among others, sequenced using cutting edge technologies like Illumina (MiSeq/HiSeq) and Oxford Nanopore (MINion).
Sampling, sample preparation, DNA extraction, library preparation and sequencing of samples collected from environmental sources like hot springs, rivers, hyper-saline lakes and glaciers.
Setup, maintenance and management of Linux based high performance computing infrastructure, setting up analysis pipelines, coding and programming in R/Perl/Python, maintenance of internal databases.
Assisting doctoral fellows in their data analysis by providing insights on bioinformatics methods and creating custom tools and scripts to aid in their research.
|PierianDx India Pvt. Ltd.||Bioinformatician||1 Month
|Customizing Directed Acyclic Graphs for use in PierianDx’s Clinical Genomics Workbench to suite the institute’s/hospital’s needs.|
|University of Duisburg-Essen
||Ongoing Since March 2020
|Differential potential of metabarcoding, metatranscriptomics, and metagenomics for the assessment of lake water quality.
- “Untapped bacterial diversity and metabolic potential within Unkeshwar hot springs, India”
- Authors: Dr. Gajanan Mehetre; Manan Shah; *Dr. Mahesh Dharne; Dr. Syed Dastager.
- Journal: Archives of Microbiology (2018) (Springer)
- IF: 1.6
- “Metagenomic insights to understand transient influence of Yamuna River on taxonomic and functional aspects of bacterial and archaeal communities of River Ganges”
- Authors: Rachel Samson; Manan B Shah; Rakeshkumar J Yadav; Priyanka Sarode; Vinay Rajput; Dr. Syed G Dastager; *Dr. Mahesh Dharne; *Dr. Krishna Khairnar.
- Journal: Science of the Total Environment (2019) (Elsevier)
- IF: 5.5
- “Metagenome sequencing to unveil microbial community composition and prevalence of antibiotic resistance genes in hypersaline and hyperalkaline Lonar Lake, India”
- Authors: Dr. Jaya Chakraborty, Vibhavari Sapkale, Manan Shah, Dr. Gajanan Mehetre, *Dr. Mahesh Dharne.
- Journal: Ecological Indicators (2019) (Elsevier)
- IF: 4.5
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2019.105827
- Shotgun metagenome guided exploration of anthropogenically driven resistomic hotspots within Lonar Soda Lake of India
- Authors: Dr. Jaya Chakraborty; Vibhavari Sapkale; Vinay Rajput; Manan Shah; Dr. Sanjay Kamble; *Dr. Mahesh Dharne.
- Journal: Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety (2020) (Elsevier)
- IF: 4.5
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2020.110443
- Deciphering taxonomic and functional diversity of fungi as potential bioindicators within confluence stretch of Ganges and Yamuna Rivers, impacted by anthropogenic activities
- Authors: Rachel Samson, Vinay Rajput, Manan Shah, Rakeshkumar Yadav, Priyanka Sarode, Dr. Syed G Dastager, *Dr. Mahesh S Dharne, *Dr. Krishna Khairnar
- Journal: Chemosphere (2020) (Elsevier)
- IF: 5.1
- DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126507